Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sisterhood


Click on photo
Pin It
Hi everyone,

Aurora Wings has started there new blog challenge March 17th. I am using the sisterhood digi that she has offered for the challenge. I had a lot of fun coloring this digi. I printed the image onto neenah cs. I used mixed media, copic markers for the skin/eyes and water color for the rest of the image. Copic markers used- E00,000,11,21 R20. Y13, E37. SU ink soft grey, more mustard, creamy caramel. I didn't use a lot of colors but I think it gave the image a lot of dimension.

 DSP is from momenta 8x8 stack. I added a narrow ribbon at the top then layered the image over that. The Yellow swirl is memory box magic swirl die cut. The leaves leaves are from SU leaves edge-let die. The larger leaves are from an older ek success punch I got from my mother but still works great. The roses are done using the spellbinders blossom die, and then rolling them to make the roses. I added a bit of glue just dotting over the roses and sprinkling on the glitter. I used a small ek success flower punch for the little flowers. I put them on a soft pad and used the end of my paper piercer to give them a bit more dimension. I adding some gems in the centers. The top corner on the image is from using a corner die from kwikuts.
 I will enter this card into these challenges.

Everybody-Art-Challenge - non cute card
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes/must be a square card

Thank you all for stopping by for a visit. I hope you enjoy my project this week. Happy Creating!


5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Carol this is just gorgeous! Love how you've colored the image and the fab Dp and embellies you've made. thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Unknown said...

Very Pretty Design, love all the texture..thank you so much for sharing with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday we would love you to join us again next week for another fab challenge...Good Luck
Hugs
Suzy B~Owner~Fan~Tastic Tuesday
Xx

MaryH said...

Goodness, this is so very pretty. Love your combination coloring with the copics and the water coloring with the SU inks. It's beautiful. Love the dies & flowers which added so much more dimension & texture too. Very nice touch leaving her owls white against that fantastic shading on the Elfen Princess. TFS & Hugs

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

I love the color scheme and the design, Carol. Thank you for joining Aurora Wings challenge! Good luck! Mitzi